Things to Do
Pitlochry Apartments is very central and all the shops, restaurants and bars are within walking distance in the town. There are also takeaway restaurants, including Indian, Chinese, Fish and Chips and Pizza.
There are so many activities to enjoy both in Pitlochry and Perthshire. The following is just a few ideas for you:
- If you want to rent a bicycle then the Escape Route cycle shop is just along the road.
- You may want to pamper yourself? If so, Orchid and Thistle a beauty boutique is literally underneath the apartment and Scotlands Hotel just round the corner has a swimming pool and spa that you can enjoy.
- Perthshire has a number of famous whisky distilleries and there are two in Pitlochry its-self; Edradour is one of Scotlands smallest distilleries and perhaps the most picturesque. Blair Athol, is literally just along the road from the apartment and in addition to tours it has its own whisky bar, The Mashtun Bar. Robertsons of Pitlochry is a famous whisky retailer and has a tasting bar with regular tastings of whisky, gin etc.
- If you are looking for something more adventurous, there is white water rafting and canyoning nearby with Nae Limits being the closest to the apartment. There is also bungee jumping nearby! Highland Fling will happily throw you off a high bridge into the River Garry!
- Another great day out is to visit Highland Safaris where you can see red deer, owls and can book a 4x4 safari. They also organise trips on Loch Tay.
There are a number of events held throughout the year in Pitlochry. In May there is the Etape Caledonia cycle race, in September we hold the Highland Games and in October Pitlochry is the home to the world famous Enchanted Forest. The owners of Pitlochry Apartments were the Producers and Creative Directors of the Enchanted Forest for many years, so if you are visiting in October its well worth a visit and we can give you a wee chat about the history and some of the stories around the event.
Castles and History
- Blair Castle is just a few miles up the A9 and is a beautiful castle, home of the Duke of Atholl and the only private army in the UK.
- Scone Palace is just 30 mins drive from Pitlochry and in addition to visiting the palace and gardens they run a number of events there throughout the year. For example Spirits of Scone is a scary Halloween event - ask the owners about tickets.
- The Scottish Crannog centre in Kenmore is a fascinating wooden structure set in Loch Tay its self. If you are a fan of Outlander the owners can tell you where they filmed the 'Mohawk village ' scenes in Pitlochry and there are a number of tours you can take to the various sites filmed in Scotland.
Fishing and Boating
There are a number of great rivers and lochs for fishing in the area and you can organise a ghillie to help you find the best spot!
Whether fishing or just enjoying being on the water, you can hire a boat at the Boating Station on Loch Faskally.